Common Sports Injuries and How Chiropractic Can Help
Do you experience pain that stops you from enjoying physical activity?
Are you dealing with a sports injury? Looking for treatment options?
Being active in your daily life is great for your body and mind. Unfortunately, these activities can lead to injuries. As an active person, dealing with a sports injury can be truly frustrating. We’re often passionate about recreation, whether that means long nature walks or an intense pickup basketball game. Having to sit out of the game with a sports injury can feel disheartening. But there’s more you can do for your injury than just rest and relaxation. Let’s look at some common sports injuries and how chiropractic care can help.
What is a Sports Injury?
A sports injury is any type of injury you sustain while engaged in physical activity. For example, concussions happen in contact sports and baseball pitchers can damage their shoulders and elbows over time. But repetitive movements you make in your everyday life can also lead to repetitive use injuries which are much the same as sports injuries and shouldn’t be treated any differently. Tennis elbow, for example, affects 1-3% of Americans, and for many of these people, it’s an occupational hazard rather than sports.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
It might surprise you to know that chiropractic care can help you recover even from acute injuries like a fracture or dislocation. Because Dr. Thatcher uses the Activator tool to better align your bones, muscles, tendons, and more, it’s perfectly suited to help you heal from a sports injury. With regular chiropractic care, you can even prevent injury.
Common Sport Injuries and Chiropractic Care
Here are a few common sports injuries that a chiropractor can help you with.
- Joint pain: from elbows, to hips, to shoulders, sports and other activities can put a lot of strain on your joints. A chiropractor can gently realign joints to reduce swelling, decrease pain, and even increase range of motion.
- Pulled muscles: often the result of overuse or inadequate stretching, a pulled muscle is painful and can stop you in your tracks. A chiropractor will adjust soft tissues in the affected area to increase blood flow and reduce pain.
- Neck and back pain: this is what chiropractors are really known for! Pains in your neck and back can often be eased by a spinal adjustment. The small mechanical activator is a great option to gently align vertebrae and other tissue.
- Sprains and tears: though these acute injuries may require more care, a chiropractor can assist healing with stretches, joint mobilization, and gentle exercises.
- Sciatica: symptoms of this injury include pain, numbness, and weakness in the leg caused by compression of the sciatic nerve in the lower back. The chiropractic approach to care here involves decompressing the spine and realigning it.
Search “Chiropractor Near Me” Today!
If you’re suffering from a sports injury or just want to maintain your healthy, happy musculoskeletal system, chiropractic care is for you. At Thatcher Chiropractic, we believe in efficient and effective care. Whatever your concern, we’re here to listen and to help. Find us by searching for a “chiropractor near me” today.