Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser has partnered with IHA to become part of their Patient Centered Medical Home. This means at times our practice may collaborate with IHA to help our patients reach their health goals. Care is a joint effort between our practice and the patient's primary physician. Nothing is changing about our current services! Learn more about our IHA affiliation below:
Patient Centered Medical Home
Welcome to the future of health care.
A Patient Centered Medical Home is health care focused on you, the patient. It is a partnership between you and your doctor. Your doctor leads a team of health care professionals committed to improving your overall health and to helping you reach your heaIth goals.
Your health team will be led by your primary care physician and may also include nurses, specialty physicians, a nutritionist, care managers and others depending on your needs.
Instead of being treated for a problem here and there without making a connection between symptoms, the Patient Centered Medical Home focuses on connecting the dots and coordinating care.
Do not hesitate to come to us with any questions you may have.
As we move into the future, you may notice that:
- We ask you what your goals are, or what you want to do to improve your health or the health of your family members.
- We ask you to help us plan your or your child's care and let us know if you think you or they can follow the plan.
- We give you a written copy of the care plan.
- The care team members are actively involved in planning the care you receive.
- We remind you when tests are due so that you or your child receive the best quality care.
- We ask that blood tests are done before the visit so that the doctor has the results at your or your child's visit.
- We offer patients a chance to join in a special type of visit called a "group visit."
A partnership means that we trust you to:
- Communicate openly about any symptoms or changes in your or your family member's health and well-being.
- Learn about wellness and disease prevention and make healthy decisions about you and your family's daily habits and lifestyle.
- Follow the care plan that is agreed upon - or let us know why you are not able to so that we can try to help or change the plan.
- Tell us when you or your family member see other doctors, have a change in medication(s) or have received any other tests or treatments. Please ask them to send us a report so we are well-informed.
- Learn and become familiar with the insurance that covers you and your family.
- Respect us as individuals and partners in your care.
- Give us feedback so that we can improve our services.
- Come prepared to pay your office visit fee when you are seen in the office.
Patient Centered Medical Home - Neighborhood (PCMH-N)
PCMH-N begins with you, the patient, at the center. Your "neighborhood" consists of your primary care physician/nurses, along with specialty physicians, social workers, or other medical professionals depending on your needs. The PCMH-N team is committed to helping you reach your health care goals and improve your overall health through timely, appropriate and coordinated care.